TRWA is looking for casual staff to join our pool of developers.
TannerRitchie Web Applications is seeking talented programmers to join its team in Burlington, Ontario.
TannerRitchie Web Applications (TRWA) has been designing websites and advanced web applications since 1999. Our clients range from universities, to major furniture manufacturers, to gourmet food retailers, to city councils, to a range of non-profit sector organizations. Based in downtown Burlington, TRWA encourages staff to telecommute and avoid the 9 to 5 highway grind.
TannerRitchie Web Applications (http://trwa.ca) is looking for a pool of experienced programmers and web developers to join its team on a casual contract basis. If successful, you’ll join our team of programmers that we call on to complete particular tasks or projects as they arise. It is ideal for somebody seeking to supplement their income and work from home. There is a strong possibility of continuing work and expanding hours as new projects arise, based on your performance.
The successful candidates will be responsible for anything between bug-fixes and maintenance on a range of client websites to being lead developer on an entirely new project. Some of our sites are based on common Content Management Systems, and others are built on 100% custom code.
You must be self-motivated, love coding, and understand best-practice policies for both web development and bug fixing for live sites.
Do you have this?
- Passion for coding and web development.
- Experience with installing and maintaining Content Management Systems, especially WordPress, Joomla and Drupal.
- Knowledge of LAMP stack administration and working in a 100% Linux development and server environment a plus.
- Experience with git, subversion or other version control system an advantage.
We look for people who possess these critical performance objectives:
- Love solving problems and finding solutions.
- Motivated to make yourself indispensable to our team.
- A self-starter. We can give you work to do, and we know it’s as good as done.
- Willingness to sometimes be ‘on call’ to address urgent problems on weekends and evenings.
- Take pride in the quality of your work, and wish to go ‘the extra mile’ for clients.
Graduate of post-secondary program in computer science or related field is nice, but less important than a proven track record as a talented web/PHP developer.
Tell us about you
When submitting your resume, we want to know about you. Tell us about yourself:
- What new technology involved in web and app development excites and inspires you?
- Out of WordPress, Joomla and Drupal, which do you think works the best, and which is the worst, and why?
- Tell us about a website that you thought was brilliant, and one that you thought needed a lot of work. What would you change about the latter?
- What is your favorite website, or a site that you check/use regularly?
- What features stand out to you on that site?
- Talk about a programming/development/troubleshooting challenge that you faced and how you solved the problem or what you learned from the experience.
Send your resume to us via our contact page. We appreciate you taking the time to apply and know that it’s nice to hear back from a company after you hit send. We’ll send you a confirmation of receipt, and we’ll let you know whether we’d like to interview you or not after we’ve reviewed applications.